It occurs to me drinking takes a lot of time, money and energy:
- Thinking – either anticipating drinking, or trying to resist drinking.
- Procuring – Ensuring you have access to drink, whether stocked in the house, or arranging to bring it along – or checking there will be plenty at your destination.
- Financing – Not only the booze itself – but the whole not-drinking-and-driving thing. So, transportation costs to and from destinations.
- Drinking – you know the drill
- Recovering – regretting drinking, physically recovering, costs relating to hangovers, losing time to your hangovers
In switching your dedication from drinking to sobriety, you’ve gained back time, energy and money.
How are you going to use these resources?
I’m finding it an interesting challenge.