I need to stop here a minute and acknowledge that I have not had a hangover for four hundred and two days.
NO HANGOVERS FOR 402 DAYS!!!!
When reading other people’s blog posts it’s always one of the big “things I’m thankful for” when talking about sobriety.
And it is an incredibly big deal! I need to stop and appreciate this fact.
It’s easy to take for granted.
So I take a moment now to say that I will #NeverForgetHangovers
I must never take for granted the fact that when I had hangovers:
- How little got done – just spent the time recovering, and being a low grade version of me
- How anxiety-inducing hangovers are – and heighten my worrywart tendencies!
- How I poisoned my body further with aspirin and such to try and subdue the effects of a hangover
- I ate calorie-laden greasy foods to try to soak up the alcohol in my body (doesn’t work – you just get fat)
- Buckets of coffee – not good for the nervous system
- Faking my way through business meetings
- Addled thinking processes
- Crawling through the day just dreaming of my bed
- Kidding myself with ‘These hangovers are awful. That’s it, I’m never going to drink again.”